Show/Hide Left Slide Menu


  • Incident involving someone else

    What do I do if someone else is involved or injured in the incident? 

    Immediately report the case to the police. Remember to make notes and take pictures with your cell phone or camera. If the incident happened on the water, you must report it to the nearest National Coast Guard station.

    Do not accept any responsibility at the scene of the incident. Simply report the factual circumstances. Contact our claims department immediately to provide the following:

    • Date, time, location of the incident
    • Name of the other skipper and name of the owner of the boat
    • Name and type of the other boat
    • Name and address of anyone injured
    • Name of the insurance company responsible for the other boat or boats
    • If possible, include photos of the location of the accident and the other boats involved
  • Repairs

    How do I proceed with repairs?

    • Once we have received the required documentation, we will appoint a surveyor to inspect the damaged property and confirm the cost of repairs
    • We aim to settle your claim as quickly as possible, but please note that delays may occur if we need to contact you for additional information, if the claim is complex or if a third party was involved
    • Please feel free to contact us to get feedback on the progress of your claim
  • General Questions

    What should I do if my vessel is lost, in an accident, or stolen?

    • Contact our claims department as soon as possible on +230 207 3500
    • If you’re in doubt about the procedures to follow or if you need help in an emergency outside office hours, phone +230 5252 6785 or +230 5859 3647
    • Act immediately to minimise the damages or loss and take all reasonable steps to secure the damaged property. If the boat is stolen, report the case to the local police immediately

    Do I have to pay an excess?

    Yes you do, unless your policy states otherwise. The excess is the first portion of the claim each time the property is damaged or lost

  • Lost Vessel

    How do I report a loss?

    • Contact our claims department on +230 207 3500 or by email on
    • Complete the non-motor insurance claim form and provide us with a quotation to repair or replace the lost or damaged item
    • We will require a copy of your boat licence or skipper’s licence if the vessel was in use at the time of the incident
Back to Claims page
207 3500