Daily update - 07.05.2021 -Turnover geared towards NewGold ETF (59.98%)
• On the banking counter, MCBG (8.97% TMT) remained unchanged at Rs 229.00 on 16k shares traded locally. Conversely, SBMH declined 2.01% closing Rs 3.91 on 694k shares traded locally.
• NewGold held 59.98% of TMT. To note, a significant cross of Rs 25 Mn was effected on NewGold.
• Among conglomerates, ENL climbed 3.99% closing Rs 18.25 on 57k shares. Likewise, Rogers gained 0.94% closing Rs 21.50 on 3.9k shares.
• On the sugar front, Alteo rose 0.69% closing Rs 21.85 on 30.7k shares. However, Terra lost 024% closing Rs 20.50 on 11k shares.
• Among hotels, NMH down 1% closing Rs 3.96 on 69k shares. Similarly, SUN contracted 3.7% closing Rs 13.00 on 7.2k shares.
• On the leisure side, top gainer ASL jumped 5% closing Rs 105.00 (VWAP Rs 104.64) on 20k shares, which includes 19k shares of foreign purchases.
• On the property counter, Bluelife contracted 3.33% closing Rs 0.87 on 174k shares, out of which 116k shares were foreign purchases.
• GRIT sunk 6.15% closing USD 0.61 on 1.2k shares.
• Among Investment trusts, Policy elevated 1.57% closing Rs 3.88 on 2k shares.
• On the DEM: Attitude down 1% closing Rs 9.90 on 69k shares traded.
• Among commodities: Gold up 0.26% to USD 1820.35 by 15:28 Mauritian time – as the US Dollar falls.