Daily update - 22.04.2021 - 63.32% Turnover driven by MCBG (Rs 231.00)
• On the banking counter, MCBG (63.32% TMT) inched down 0.11% closing at Rs 231.00 on 117.5k shares, whilst SBMH remained unchanged at Rs 3.55 on a mere 3k share.
• On the insurance side, MUA continued its upward trend gaining 1.89% closing Rs 108.00 on 8k shares.
• Among conglomerates, CIEL jumped 2.33% closing Rs 4.40 on 52k shares. Similarly, top gainer, ENL rose 3.63% closing Rs 15.70 on 101k shares – amid recently announced projects by Moka City Ltd. Conversely, IBL (12.95% TMT) remained unchanged at Rs 46.10 on 120k shares.
• On the sugar sector, Alteo (5.28% TMT) climbed 0.98% closing Rs 20.70 on 109k shares. However, Omnicane sunk 3.33% closing Rs 14.50 on a mere 2.5k shares.
• On the hotel front, SUN slipped 2.33% closing Rs 12.55 on 32k shares.
• On the leisure counter, Lottotech increased 0.97% closing Rs 8.32 on 145k shares. To note, Lottotech hit an intraday high of Rs 8.40 before closing lower to Rs 8.32.
• On the construction side, UBP unchanged at Rs 133.50 on 15k shares traded.
• MCBG (Pref) up 0.43% closing Rs 11.65 on 12k shares.
• On the DEM: Phoenix Investment declined 2.26% closing Rs 390.00 on 5k shares.
• Among commodities: Gold down 0.36% to USD 1786.65 by 15:13 Mauritian time –amid higher EU stocks.