Daily update 05.03.2021 - Contrasting performance among conglomerates
• On the banking counter, MCBG gained 0.33% closing Rs 226.00 on 199.6k shares traded, which includes 183k shares of foreign sales. Alternatively, SBMH unchanged at Rs 3.35 on 3,180k shares traded, which includes 28k shares of foreign sales.
• On the finance side, Cim (10.02% TMT) unchanged at Rs 6.90 on 1308k shares traded, which includes 1300k shares of foreign sales.
• Among conglomerates, Ciel elevated 0.77% closing Rs 3.93 on 343k shares traded. Similarly, IBL inched up 0.23% closing Rs 43.60 on 18k shares. Conversely, ENL down 1.06% closing Rs 14.05 on 40k shares traded.
• On the sugar counter, Alteo up 0.25% closing Rs 20.40 on 1.5k shares traded. Alternatively, Terra declined 0.51% closing Rs 19.50 on 1.5k shares traded.
• Among investment trusts, BMH climbed 2.64% closing Rs 21.35 on 2k shares traded. Similarly, Policy up 0.25% closing Rs 3.99 on 2k shares traded. However, NIT lost 1.03% closing Rs 38.50 on 3.8k shares traded.
• On the property side, Medine rose 0.82% closing Rs 36.80 on 1.6k shares traded.
• Caudan contracted 3.23% closing Rs 0.90 on 294k shares traded.
• On the DEM: Eudcos slipped 1.64% closing Rs 15.00 on 103k shares traded locally.
• On the commodities side: Gold down 0.51% to USD 1692.00 by 15:01 Mauritian time – gold dropped to its lowest since Jun. 8, 2020.